Our Dental Equipment
Advanced, state-of-the-art dental equipment is used to provide high quality treatments. Strict infection control procedures and safety standards are adhered to in accordance with guidelines recommended by the Australian Dental Association and the Victorian Dental Board. Each piece of technology is chosen carefully to ensure that your visit to CLDC is made comfortable, educational and safe.
- Intra oral camera – An Intra oral camera allows us to view your teeth at 40x magnification, thus making the diagnosis much more accurate. At the same time, you are also able to view the picture. This shows you exactly what is happening in your mouth, allowing you to fully participate in your treatment planning.
- Magnification (Microscope & Loops)- enables early and accurate diagnosis. It enables us to perform minimally invasive conservative procedures due to early detection and thus reduces the need for more costly and invasive procedures at a later stage.
- Digital X-ray – An instant image and improved quality allows for more accurate diagnosis as the resolution and the image quality of digital X-rays are far superior to old-fashioned film. The radiation required is 90% less than required for conventional methods, making it safer for patients and staff.
- Air abrasion – drill free dentistry. Air abrasion uses minute “aluminium-oxide” (FDA approved) particles and air to prepare microscopic fillings in teeth with no pain and no injections.
CLDC routinely use several types of lasers to perform specific tasks:
- The Diode Laser – Used to re-contour gums and other soft tissue, without the need for painful scalpel surgery. The results are immediate, with no pain or bleeding. This laser can also assist in the treatment of gum disease.
- ERBIUM – YAG hard and soft tissue laser – Used for re-contouring teeth, removing decay, preparing teeth for tooth coloured restoration. Painless and in most cases not requiring anaesthetic.
- Laser Decay detector – Used in most cases to diagnose early decay, long before it is picked up on X-ray. It is fast, non-invasive, painless and extremely accurate for initial decay detection.
- C02 laser – used for large soft tissue procedures.
Protection for your eyes during treatment with safety glasses, specially tinted to take the edge off our dental overhead lamps. Wherever possible, disposable single use items are used. All hand instruments and dental handpieces (drills) are ultrasonically cleaned, disinfected and autoclaved after every patient. All surfaces in the treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected after each patient. Clinical staff always wear dental uniforms and gowns,as well as masks, gloves and glasses.
Please feel free to contact Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry Centre at our Caulfield North office for any further enquiries or information of Cosmetic dentist, Porcelain veneers and crowns, Invisalign, Dental implants, Composite bonding, Composite veneers, Resin veneers, All on 4 Permadent, Fillers – TMJ, Grinding, Dento-Facial Aesthetics, Natural teeth whitening, Teeth whitening, Aesthetic dentist, Glamsmile veneers, Receding Gums, Pinhole, Gum Graft, Laser Dentist, No needle, no drill dentist, Sleep dentistry etc.